Welcome to router24x7.com
Linksys Routers are one of the best home wireless routers. it has a good security feature and better wireless length.
Check out this Post about Linksys wireless router setup.
Please follow steps and you will be able to setup Linksys wireless router in 5 min.
How to Setup Linksys Wireless Router?
Folks While you are reading the article we are quite sure that you are looking to setup Linksys router with your internet connection.
- First, make sure the modem is getting the Internet.
- Now Connect Your modem with Linksys wireless router using Ethernet cable.
- Make Sure modem Should be Connected to W.A.N (Internet) port of your router.
- Now its Time to Configure Linksys Wireless router – Please Connect the router to your computer using the Ethernet cable.
- Make sure First Port (LAN 1) of your Linksys router needs to be connected to your Computer Using the Cable.
- Please Find the Default Gateway Open command prompt (CMD) and type config And JUST Drag the cursor look for default gateway you will see a Default Gateway.
- Most of the Time Linksys wireless router Default gateway is 192.168.1.1 OR 10.0.0.1 see if that open the router page for you.
- Open the Browser on your computer Like Chrome, Firefox, internet explorer or Microsoft edge, etc . and Type the Default Gateway on the Very Top of your browser 192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
- It will Ask for username and password
Try these combinations
username = admin and password = admin
if that did not work check out this
username = admin and password = password
Configure and setup Linksys Wireless Router-:
Once you are on your Linksys wireless router setup page you can change settings as you wish –
Go to wireless settings and change the SSID (NETWORK NAME ) and For password go to wireless security and change the Password (Network Key ).
Now Save all the settings and reboot Your wireless Router. and wait for 2 Minutes.
Congrats, You did a good job your Linksys router should be set up by now.
Tips for Linksys wireless router setup-:
- While settings up Linksys wireless router may sure Your connection type there are few connection types like static connection, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), etc.
- You can ask your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your connection type.
- While installing your Router make sure the wireless connection is right.
- Please Make a complex password for the router and do not leave Guest network Open and Unsecured (Unless You are intended to Throw Free internet around Your for other People)
- Restart Your Router Once in a while for better connection and performance
Please Comment Below For any other Help Related with Linksys wireless router setup.
We Thank You For Reading at router24x7.com